STEM Education is an approach to teaching and lifelong learning that emphasizes the natural interconnectedness of the four separate STEM disciplines. The common element of problem solving is emphasized across all STEM disciplines allowing students to discover, explore, and apply critical thinking skills as they learn.
KEY FEATURES OF STEM LEARNING:
1. Real-world applications
2. Problem solving and critical thinking
3. Integration of content
EXAMPLES OF STEM LEARNING:
WHAT GO-STEM IS DOING?
In the previous biennium (2017-2019), GO-STEM provided eastern Oregon:
• 1600+ hours of educator training
• 3,723 hours of out-of-school student activities
• 80+ pieces of technology/equipment for classroom use
• STEM Student Leadership training to 21 CSOs in 6 counties