Engineering Workshop: The daVinci Project
Residential Summer Workshops at the
University of Connecticut’s
School of Engineering
The daVinci Project
July 9-13, 2018
Introducing our students to engineering is a national need. Most students love to be creative and to connect academics to the real world….this is what engineers do while making technologies that solve serious world problems. The UConn School of Engineering is holding its 19th annual daVinci Project. It is a weeklong (Mon-Fri) residential series of hands-on workshops for middle and high school science and math teachers. This year it’s being held July 9-13. Teachers live on campus and participate in one of 9 very engaging workshops, as well as many other seminars, a variety tours through research labs, our state of the art water reclaim and wastewater facilities, and our CoGen plant. Come and be part of an exciting week of exploration! We have 35 fellowships available. Please share this professional development opportunity with the other STEM teachers in your school or district. Workshop links below.
- NEW! Innovative Underwater Robotics for STEM projects – 8 Fellowships available
- NEW! From Geometry to Algorithms – 4 Fellowships available
- Basic Arduino® Programming for STEM Projects – 2 Fellowships available
- Understanding Pain: Sensory and emotional stimulus to your brain – 2 Fellowships available
- Bioinformatics: Using Computer Science to Understand Life – 3 Fellowships available
- Low Cost Solar Cells – 2 Fellowships available
- Air Quality and Health: Building an Air Pollution Measurement Device with an Arduino® – 2 Fellowships available
- Robots: Use in Industry and Elderly Assistance – 2 Fellowships available
- Mathematical Optimization with Applications to Smart Grid and Intelligent Buildings – 10 Fellowships available
An on-line 2018 application and more information can be accessed at
Registration deadline: June 15, 2018.
Confirmation will be sent after your registration is received.
If you have questions or need further information please contact us at email@example.com or 860-486-5536.